The library staff helps and guides customers on finding literature and other materials. They teach how to use different kinds of information sources. The staff can conduct searches on databases and on the Internet on the assignment of the client.
You´ll find the material of Seinäjoki Public Library in the Eepos Web Library. You can conduct searches by using the title, subject or the name of the author/composer/actor/singer/etc. You can also narrow the search by using for example the department, content type or year of publication.
The books and other library material are divided into classes according to their contents. You can check your subject in the Finnish Public Libraries Classification System to find out to which class it belongs to. Within the classes, books and other materials are organised on the shelves in alphabetical order according to the author’s last name. If a book has more than 3 authors or an editor it is on the shelf according to the first word of the title. You can always ask the staff for help!
Find books and other material from library databases and multisearch services
- Eepos Web Library – the collections of Seinäjoki and 21 other libraries
- SeAMK-Finna – information on both printed materials and digital collections available at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences Library
- Frank Multisearch – find books and other materials from almost all the Finnish libraries
- Melinda – Union catalogue of Finnish libraries
- Finna.fi – The collections of Finnish archives, libraries and museums