How to find information
The library staff helps and guides customers on finding literature. They teach how to use different kinds of information sources. Information specialists, as well as the other staff, conduct searches on databases and on the Internet on the assignment of the client.
The books and other library material are divided into groups according to their contents. Books and other material are organised on the shelves alphabetically according to the author’s last name. If a book has more than 3 authors or an editor it is on the shelf according to the first word of the title.
Below you´ll find links to help you do searches on your own.
Find books and other material from library databases and multisearch services
- Eepos Web Library – the material of Seinäjoki and 21 other libraries
- Finna.fi – The collections of Finnish archives, libraries and museums
- Frank Multisearch – find books and other materials from almost all the Finnish libraries
- SeAMK-Finna – information on both printed materials and digital collections available at Seinäjoki Academic Library
- Melinda – Union catalogue of Finnish libraries
Arto – Reference database of Finnish articles
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals) – This open access service covers free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals.